Wednesday, April 18, 2007

We made it...

We made it Carter. You are safely in the world, resting contentedly ON my tummy now...and still so very much IN my heart! I have a whole birth story (and what a story it is!) that I'll put on here soon. Last night I sat with you on the couch and just stared at you. Time passed and I was unaware of it. I was in awe. I stared at your little face resting against me after nursing, your little hand on my boob (lol...you do believe they are YOURS). I just couldn't get over how precious you are. I love you, Baby Bay!

Riley, I was so stinkin' PROUD OF YOU yesterday. You had your first swim lesson, and you were so excited about it. You waited excitedly at the side of the pool in your new Ninja Turtle swim trunks for your class to start. And when it was time you went on your own to the teacher. I could tell you were asking a lot of questions on the way. You're my kid who wants to know exactly what is going to happen before it happens. I wondered if you would have second thoughts, but before I knew it you were in the water and UNDER the water. I was nervous for you when I saw that they wanted you to jump off the diving board, and I was really unsure how that was going to go lol! But you, my amazing little boy, walked to the end of the board AND JUMPED! You went under the water and came up HAPPY AND PROUD! My heart soared and I couldn't help but exclaim, "YES!"

Sadie, you also had your first swim class yesterday. You were so excited you SQUEELED! You laughed and wiggled the entire time you were so happy! Daddy and I couldn't help but laugh at your exuberance! Sadie, you just crack me up. The other little girl in your class went down the slide, and the teacher brought her to the side of the pool. Before she could get back, your little daredevil self went flying down the slide and into the water. I think you scared her to death! She swam over to you and brought you up. You shook the water from your face and were happy to go on swimming! After class I asked what you did and you told me about going down the slide. I asked if it was fun, and you exclaimed that it was. I asked if it was the best, and you excitedly agreed. You then told me you went under the water, and I asked what you thought about that. Your whole tone changed. You got very serious. You looked at me and stated, "It was NOT good." ROTF I laughed so hard!!!!

There have been some great Sadie-isms lately. I'll put them here so I don't forget them.
- You told me you were using your mouth "like scissors" to cut up your cheese.
- "noufes" = mouthes
- You come to me and say, "I love you so much more like bunnies!" and hug me sooooo sweetly! Then we go back and forth about what we love each other "so much more like" :-)
- You were covered in chocolate milk (as usual) so I sat you on the counter and took a wash cloth to try to clean you up. Remembering the scene from "The Lion King" you said, "Mo-om, you're messin' up my ma-ane!" Your intonation and application was perfect!!!!! It was hysterical!
- You told me that Carter can't have the baby bottle until "he grows up into a sister!"
- You needed your bottom wiped, so you came up to me, stuck your butt out, and said, "Here's a butt!" lol
- You told mommy and daddy, "Let me teach you how to do that!"

I love you guys so much!!!!

No comments: