Monday, September 18, 2006

19 weeks pregnant

19 weeks! Almost half way...and yet it feels like I have been pregnant forever! Riley is so excited about a baby brother or sister and talks all the time about how he will take care of the baby and buy it toys...very sweet. Sadie kind of understands...When I took her to my 14 week ob appointment she heard the heartbeat and told me the baby's heart said, "Mush mush mush." LOL

I had my 18 week visit on Wednesday (9/13), and it went really well. I brought Riley along because he wanted his turn to hear the heartbeat. He loved it! The doctor was sure to take some extra time for Riley's benefit which I thought was really cool! Baby's hearbeat was about 150, and I measured 18 weeks, right on target. The doctor looked at my blood glucose numbers and was very pleased. I asked if we could talk about reducing the number of times a day I test, and he said we could talk about ELIMINATING testing for now and revisiting the issue later. He's going to talk to the Diabetes Center and get back with me.He also sent in the order for my level 2 ultrasound. I just got off the phone with the high risk OB department at Delnor and scheduled it for September 29 at 11 am, so we'll see our baby in about a week and a half! We talked about the quad screen, and he supported my decision NOT to have it, especially since we're doing the level 2 anyway. So, all is well!

I still have no clue about names though. Well, maybe some ideas but nothing that strikes me as "the name." I love the name Jack but am not sure how it sounds with our last name. I also like Sawyer. For a girl, I like Chloe. Those are the leaders for now anyway. The child might be nameless as 12! LOL

No comments: