Making Memories with This One and That One...
I wonder if there's a way to change the name of this blog to "Making Memories with This One, That One, and One More"!!!! Riley and Sadie are expecting a baby brother or sister due on February 10, 2007! That puts me right at 17 weeks today, and, after spending the first four months sick and tired, it's time to start recording memories again!
Riley...ah, Riley! At five and a half (that half is VERY important to him right now) he is a ball of creative energy. I love seeing how that little mind works! He's fascinated with numbers and AMAZES me at the math he can do. He's adding and multiplying for crying out loud! He and Sadie are such great friends, and he is so good with her and other younger kids. I'm excited to see him with the new baby!
Riley started Kindergarten two days ago. Kindergarten! The day I've been dreading for five AND A HALF years! And you know what? It was okay. It really was. We walked to school as a family, and I took pictures all along the way. There were a few sentimental tears on my part as I watched him line up on the playground and head off to his classroom, but he was fine! The other parents were introducing their nervous kids to Riley because he was so calm. He gave me and Daddy lots of hugs before he went in, and all the parents cheered and clapped for the kids at the teachers encouragement! I expected to pick up a very excited little boy at 3:30 but was instead met with some almost-tears. It turns out he was just very tired and his initial whines of not liking school quickly turned (over ice cream) into tales of all the fun he had his first day. He talked about a little girl who had bananas for snack. I asked what her name was and Riley said, "I don't know, but she always had a pretty smile." How sweet is that?!?!?
Sadie is an absolute monkey and can make me nuts in one moment and reduce me to hysterical laughter in the next! She is stubborn (on my!) yet so fun loving and affectionate! And silly! She and Riley have much in common! Most of her words have more than there fair share of "L"s in them and she mixes up he and him, she and her, and we and us all the time! "Lou come lif me." "Where us going?" When I do something she likes, she says, "Dat's a good Mommy!" and gives me a hug. Such a cutie!
As for baby number three, the child is still very much nameless. For a girl, I'm currently liking, Halle, Delaney (as a tribute to my dad and my maiden name), Chloe, Zoe, Kimber (perhaps a middle name to honor my sister), and Gracie. For a boy, the front runner is Sawyer though I also love Jack. Cade, Gage, and Creed are all middle name contenders. I just have this feeling that we'll be bringing the baby home from the hospital still trying to figure this one out!
More later!
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment